1) Are you covered for out-of-network, outpatient mental health
services? (In other words, does your insurance company offer you "choice" or is it an HMO that requires you to stay in-network?)
2) If so, what is your deductible?
3) How many sessions are you covered for per year? And what if there is medical necessity?
4) What percentage of what the insurance company considers a customary and reasonable fee is covered by the insurance company, and what is your co-insurance (e.g., 80%-20%, 70%-30%, 50%-50%, etc.)?
5) Is there any pre-certification or pre-authorization required?